Thursday, April 30, 2015

Shooting Star (Laurie Moore's "Rising Star" April Challenge Entry)

My friend, Laurie Moore has started a monthly challenge this year on Facebook.  Each month she features a craft item and those who would like to participate in the challenge purchase the item from her Artfire store.  You have a month to complete your project and you can create anything with that item that you like.  In April, the challenge was called "Rising Star".  The kit contained a paper mache' star, plastic crystal dangle and a wire crystal hanger. (Pictured below)



Rising Star April Challenge - Star kit

Here's what I created with the kit.  I chose to omit the crystal dangle and hanger and used an 8x8 canvas to create what I had envisioned in my mind.  The star is painted and covered in Tim Holtz Clear Rock Candy dry glitter.  I wish it would show in the photo, but it really sparkles.  I used some Blue Fern Chipboard, Cheery Lynn doily dies and various stencils along with surrounding the star with various flowers from Petaloo and Prima.  I hope you like my "Shooting Star" canvas.


1 comment:

  1. Cathie what you did with this simple little Star is amazing! I love the way it looks as those it is rising up out of the canvas. The background is fantastic with lovely color and texture. The flowers just set it off so nicely too. Thank you for sharing it with us for the Rising Star challenge. Your are a Star in my eyes for sure. Hugs, xoxox Laurie

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...