To make this simple background:
- Cut a piece of cardstock or watercolor paper to the size that will fit your card base leaving a border around the edge. (My piece is cut to 3-1/2" x 4-1/2" to fit an A2 size card.)
- Tape the cardstock or watercolor paper, using painter's tape, to a hard surface such as a hardboard panel which can be found here. This will to keep the cardstock or watercolor paper from bending or curving as it dries and will keep the paper flat.
- Choose your distress ink color. Using a blending tool, apply the ink to the paper starting at the outer edges and move toward the center in a circular pattern.
- Now take a water spritzer, droplets of water from your hand or dip a paint brush in water and splatter the piece with the water.
- Let the water work it's way into the paper and activate with the ink.
- Take a roll of paper towel and roll it over your cardstock or watercolor piece and watch the magic happen right before your eyes.
- Viola, you have a beautiful watercolor background for the creation of your card.