Thursday, February 11, 2016

SSS Monday Challenge - Spritz & Spray

Hi Everyone! Today I made a quick and simple card but still has a hint of challenge. I used my Dylusions ink sprays to quickly color some flowers for a card. Sometimes we need something quick but we want it to look like we spent a lot of time on it and this is just the ticket. There are so many things you can do with sprays, you can spritz them, use them to color in images, and even stamp with them. Yes, you read that right, stamp with them. Join in the challenge and have some fun and, hey, you could win a $50 gift certificate to Simon Says Stamp so it's a win/win situation! Find all the details by clicking on the icon below:

Simon Monday Challenge Blog

Here is my quick an easy spray/spritz card:


Start with a 4" x 5-1/4" piece of watercolor paper. I used Strathmore cold press watercolor paper. 


Stamp flowers onto smooth side of the watercolor paper. I used my Misti tool to get a complete image. It's difficult to get a complete image on watercolor paper so the Misti is a wonderful tool to accomplish a complete, crisp image.


I want my flowers to appear as some are behind others, so I stamped all the flower images onto Inkadinkado stamping mask paper. There is no need for the images to be complete or crisp.


Now I cut all of the flowers out.


I peel off the backing from the mask paper from the two largest flowers and adhere them to the images on my watercolor paper.


I place the smaller flowers on the panel where I want them and use my Misti again to get the images clean and crisp onto the watercolor paper.


After stamping the rest of the flowers is complete, I apply all the other masked flowers on the panel to their coordinating flowers but leave one flower exposed. Next, I sprayed the exposed flower with Dylusions ink spray. For this technique, do NOT spray the watercolor paper with water, it should remain dry before spritzing. One spritz is all you need.


Continue the process by covering the flower that is sprayed with its masked image and unmask another flower. There should only be one exposed flower at a time. Choose a different color for each flower giving it one spritz of the Dylusions ink spray.


Your project will look like a mess at this point but when you peel the masked flowers off, a beautiful, colorful arrangement of flowers will appear.


Isn't that cool! The different colors of each flower with the spray effect around them, to me, is so cool.


Now it's time to add a sentiment. I used Simon Says Stamp's "Sending" die cut and cut that out of black cardstock and adhered that with Ranger Multi Matte Medium. Then I used my Misti to stamp the "You Love & Hugs" sentiment underneath the die cut. 


I adhered my card panel onto an 5x7 black cardstock panel and adhered that to my card and, viola! here is my completed card again.


I hope you enjoyed this spray/spritz card and get out those ink sprays and have a try at it. Thanks for coming by!



Strathmore WATERCOLOR PAPER PAD 9x12 Bound 360109  Inkadinkado STAMPING MASK PAPER Dimensional Crafting 62-01022 Preview Image  Newton's Nook Designs BEAUTIFUL BLOSSOMS Clear Stamp Set 20150301



MISTI PRECISION STAMPER Stamping Tool Kit  Ranger Dylusions Ink Spray SQUEEZED ORANGE Dyan Reaveley DYC33936  Ranger Dylusions Ink Spray POSTBOX RED Dyan Reaveley DYC33912  Ranger Dylusions Ink Spray CHERRY PIE Dyan Reaveley DYC36746  Ranger Dylusions Ink Spray FUNKY FUCHSIA Dyan Reaveley DYC36760 Preview Image



Ranger Dylusions Ink Spray TANGERINE DREAM Dyan Reaveley DYC40477  Ranger Dylusions Ink Spray PURE SUNSHINE Dyan Reaveley DYC33929 Preview Image  Ranger Dylusions Ink Spray BUBBLEGUM PINK Dyan Reaveley DYC33844  Simon Says Stamp SENDING Wafer Die sssd111432 Better Together


Simon Says Clear Stamps SENDING AND WISHING sss101475 Better Together  Simon Says Dies and Stamps WISHING SENTIMENTS SetWS173 Better Together  Simon Says Dies and Stamps FROM ME TO YOU SetFMY175 Better Together Preview Image

Simon Says Stamp Card Stock 100# BLACK Black8Ranger 4 Oz. MULTI MEDIUM MATTE Paint Glue INK41535  

2 comments:

  1. great tutorial. beautiful card. Congrats on your Simon Design Team acceptance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Janeen, and thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave such a sweet comment.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...