Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Thinking of You - Tammy Tutterow Designs


Hi Friends! Today I created a card using the Thinking of You stamp set from Tammy Tutterow Designs along with several of her background stamps. I decided to go in a little different direction by creating a background and then creating a white space to stamp on the sentiment. Tammy's handwriting is so beautiful that I wanted to leave the stamp in it's original state without coloring it but create a fun and colorful background on which it would shine. I hope you enjoy the tutorial I created below and give this technique a try. Wouldn't it be beautiful on a watercolor background??.....I'm going to try that next! These stamps are so fun because once you play with them, the ideas begin to flood in. Have fun and enjoy!






I started with a 4-3/4" x 6-3/4" piece of Neenah Solar White card stock and sprinkled a bit of Paper Artsy Lemoncello Infusions.





Next, I very lightly brush on some Ranger Multi Matte Medium with a fan bristle paintbrush and allow that to completely dry. (Make sure you clean your brush immediately.)





Now that the first layer is dry, I sprinkle on Orange County Infusions using the same medium with the fan bristle paintbrush using soft downward strokes. I let that layer completely dry as I wash out the paintbrush.





When the panel is completely dry, using a mini ink blending tool, I go over the entire piece with Simon Says Stamp Duckling dye ink.





Next, I stamp on the Big Cheesecloth background stamp in random areas on the panel with Black Soot Archival Ink.




\
When the ink is dry from the first stamping, I add the Dear Ruby stamp in random areas using Red Geranium Archival Ink.





Now I add frame bits using the Simple Line Border stamp set in all four corners. Inking one corner of the stamp at a time, I hold the stamp and gently add that corner of the frame to the appropriate area.





Next, I add the entire Big Fabric stamp set onto the panel using Sunflower Archival Ink.





When the ink is completely dry, I add some torn book page pieces to the center of the panel using multi matte medium by brushing it directly on the panel and then laying the torn book page pieces over the top. I then go over the top of the book pages with the medium as well and allow that to completely dry.





When the medium is completely dry, I stamp on the Thinking Of You stamp in Black Soot Archival Ink onto the area over the book pages.





I color some crinkle ribbon with Fossilized Amber and Mustard Seed Distress Sprain Stain allowing some of the areas to remain white. To see how I create my shabby bows see tutorial here.





Next, I cut a piece of 5" x 7" from coordinating card stock and ink the edges with Black Soot Distress Ink.





I distress the edges of the main panel and ink the edges of this panel with Black Soot Distress Ink as well.





To complete the card, I attach the two panel together using 3d foam tape. I then add some frayed burlap ribbon, crochet ribbon and the shabby bow. I add two cream colored daisies from my stash and my card is finished.

I hope this gives you some inspiration for using Tammy's stamps in a different way other than coloring them. Thanks for sticking with me to the end, I really appreciate you spending your time with me!! Have a beautiful weekend and grab some friends and start crafting.








3 comments:

  1. Such an amazing card, Catherine. And thanks for sharing the sbs, love how you used the Infusions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This is just wonderful!i love the way the sentiment pops off that marvelous mixed media background!

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks so cool...thanks for sharing your process...
    TFS,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...