Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Joy Looks Good On You - Tammy Tutterow Designs


Hi Everyone! I'm so happy you stopped by to see my latest project for Tammy Tutterow Designs. I created a cute card using her "Joy Looks Good On You" stamp. This is a very simple card to put together. Enjoy!


I cut a dress form from the Accucut A7 dress form die set but you can get a free template for a dress form online or sketch one out yourself. Make sure the image is large enough for the stamp. (My card measures 5" x 7" which is an A7 card size.)

I stamp the image at an angle on the bottom of the dress and color the image with Copic markers. I add a small shabby bow sash that I created from seam binding and Disress Ink Oxide in Worn Lipstick. See how I color and create my shabby bows here.



For the background of the card, I cut a piece of Neenah Solar White 110 lb. card stock and color it with Distress Oxide inks in Fossilized Amber, Spiced Marmalade and Worn Lipstick. I smudge each color onto the craft mat and spray them with water. I then run the paper through the inks until I'm pleased with how they look on the paper. I dry the panel with a heat tool and then spray water droplets onto the panel to create a cool effect that we all know and love.  I ink the edges with Simon Says Stamp Magnolia Hybrid Ink with a mini ink blending tool. I then lightly stamp on some of the Tammy Tutterow Big Cheesecloth stamp for texture in random areas with Magnolia ink. (This last step isn't shown. I forgot to take a picture but you can see it if you look at the finished card.)

To finish my card, I adhere the dress to the panel above and then adhere that onto a 5" x 7" piece of Neenah Solar White 110 lb. card stock. I adhere some clear sequins and my card is done. See, it's so simple.






2 comments:

  1. Cathie, the colors alone on this card are enough to make me love it, but when you add that fabulous sentiment stamped onto a totally chic dress....well, I'm completely smitten!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! This is Gorgeous!! I love the pretty colors and beautiful dress!!The sentiment is lovely!!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting with Creative M

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...